Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mom Lee touches down in Australia!!

We were so blessed to have Mom come visit for three weeks! Of course I was thrilled to have someone to do stuff with while Steven studied and went to classes, and what better travel buddy than Mom! We sure did keep her busy though. Our first outing was to Phillip Island, south of Melbourne. This was my first real driving experience in Australia and I'm surprised Mom wanted to keep traveling with me afterwards! After about an hour of trying to get out of Melbourne, we were on our way to visit the Koala Reserve, Vietnam Memorial and the Penguin Parade. We got to see a koala upclose and personal which was neat. At dusk we headed to the Penguin Parade where you get to sit in and watch the world's smallest penguins emerge from the sea and waddle ashore to their sand dune burrows. Pictures aren't allowed (we don't want to scare them off!) but here is one image I found online to give you an idea of what we saw...
I soooo wanted to scoop one up and hide it in my scarf to take home but I resisted. Aren't y'all proud of me?

No comments: