Monday, January 12, 2009

Maybe I'll take up shearing


ADDITION TO THIS POST: Here is a pic of me eating kimchee, a very prized sea urchin that is expensive when purchased in Japan. It tastes like salty goo. Yum!



Hello all! OK despite the many requests, I will NOT be posting pictures of my fat lip and forehead. Vanity has gotten the best of me and I'm not ashamed one bit. We've been in sunny/rainy/cloudy/sunny/rainy New Zealand now for about a week and it's amazing. Very friendly people and wonderful scenic drives. We went on an overnight cruise where we were able to kayak in the moonlight and fish in the ocean. I was of course popping sea-sickness pills which are a gift from God. As we are making this journey, I've been contemplating what I would like to do when we get back to TX. I saw a news story today about sheep shearers and how they compete every year to see how many sheep they can shear in a day. I'm not 100% sure but I think I might have found my calling. I shall start shopping for my electric razor tomorrow.


8 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh Liberty....I miss you sooooo much!! I miss you humor and wonderful quips that always got my day started.....sorry to hear about the fat lip and the sunburn...but you sound like you're having a wonderful time!! Can't wait to see more!!

Love Hill

Unknown said...

You can borrow my electric razor if you want. I miss you!

LINDA LEE said...

Howdy! Sure do miss you guys. Know you are having a great tiem, but you are coming back, right? Have enjoyed reading all the comments--how humorous. Love, Mom

LINDA LEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LINDA LEE said...

Hi! I got your email and I am so excited for all your activities. Sounds like you are having a blast. How about some more blogs. Love & miss you, Mom

Grandma said...

Hey girl, Haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you busy shearing those sheep? I hear that it is good for your hands and body...the lanolin and all. Ha! Love,Gram

Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday, Sista!! I miss you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday lady!