Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh Fiji


Bula Bula! Well we're on our last day in Fiji and it has been quite a trip so far. The plane ride here wasn't bad at all (17.5 hrs) but for the long leg of it we practically had the upper deck of the plane to ourselves. There were literally only 8-10 passengers with us on the 2nd level. Pretty unbelieveable. And they only lost one of our bags! We have since recovered it and seems like everything is intact. It's an amazingly beautiful place, but very, very humid at this time of year. I managed to get badly sunburned on our second day here, but only in certain areas of course. I look like a candy cane. There have also been a few allergic reactions, one causing my bottom lip and forehead to swell to twice their size. I look like a caveman with collagen injections. But other than that, we've been lucky travelers! Everyone has been very nice and helpful. Pictures will be posted soon...Steven has gotten some amazing shots. I hope everyone is doing well and that the first few days of 2009 have been good ones. We are having a wonderful time and feel very blessed to be able to take this trip. Love to all!

4 comments:

Anna Buesgens said...

I hope Steven got pictures of the swollen face...ah, memories. Sounds like you're having fun - enjoy the next stop in New Zealand. Miss ya!

Lauren Fielding said...

The pictures are beautiful! I love them and I'm very jealous since it's been snowing every day in Ithaca. I also want to see the pictures of your swollen face :-)!

Unknown said...

Wow..the pictures look amazing!! I wish I were there right now...Have an amazing time and keep writing! Miss you lots!!
Melanie

Donna Snider said...

28 years ago my brother and his Jim fell in love on Fiji.

Seeing these photos...I can see why!

Enjoy it all up. Love, d